Free 14-day Trial of Rhapsody!

Google

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First entry....

.....I've spent the past few months trying to decide if Starbucks is a decent stock to add to my portfolio. I'm sure it is, at the right entry point, but I think I have uncovered the Achilles heel to bringing down Starbucks.

Drug Testing.

Can you imagine how the employee base at Starbucks would be decimated by a drug testing program the likes of the NFL or MLB?

Just the mention of the program would cause a month of staff no-shows of at least 10%. Now if I really wanted to make money on Starbucks, I'd short the stock, then lobby like heck for mandatory drug testing at Starbucks and support my campaign with photos of random Starbucks employees that have that "420" look.

Shouldn't be hard to make that happen.

That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Michele said...

As usual, Ron, you have demonstrated your unique perspective on things that most of us just don't even take the time to think about. I hope you intend to write about your plans for breaking the long jump record... it's sooooo Gump-esque!

Anonymous said...

If you jump with the wind at your back - it can be done....

Great Clip 'O The Day - Arrested Development